The Ridgid 690-I Power Drive Threader continues on from the excellent 690C with further improvements. These will further enhance the value of your work whilst making pipe threading easier and even more efficient.
The 690-I Power Drive Threader has:
* a new moulded handle and contoured grip which provides very comfortable handling and operation over long periods of threading. Thus fantastic ease of use and speed.
* the gear head and housing are made from die cast aluminium and incorporate a worm gear reduction drive for better torque distribution and longevity. Its shafts are fully supported by ball or needle bearings and it is all permanently lubricated.
* the screw in motor brush covers are for ease of serviceability.
* all coupled to a new powerful and reversible 1270W 110v motor.
* a new 2 jaw ‘Support Arm’ gives you a secure hold of the pipe, therefore improved safety during operation and as a consequence little or no damage to the coating of the pipe as the chances of it spinning while cutting are greatly reduced.
The Die's/Die Head has:
* a quick release and install system, speeding up die-head changing.
* ‘easy start’ geometry and new profiles for enhanced finished thread quality.
* a greater number of lubrication holes, to allow the Die to be thoroughly oiled and cooled, therefore staying sharper for longer and giving you a superior thread.
* they are the 11R Dies.
To operate the 690i you use a heavy duty paddle switch which has a safety lock-off (automatically locks off when released). Plus the forward/reverse switch is separate to prevent accidental activation.
Dies included in this kit to thread pipe with a BSPT type thread are: ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1”1/4, 1"1/2 & 2"BSPT. Packed in a tough plastic case.